Anadarko Strikes More Mozambique Gas
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation today said that its latest appraisal well offshore Mozambique, Lagosta-3, encountered approximately 577 total net feet (176 meters) of natural gas pay in multiple zones.
“The partnership’s successful appraisal drilling continues to confirm and expand the world-class nature of this massive natural gas accumulation offshore Mozambique,” said Bob Daniels, Anadarko Sr. Vice President, Worldwide Exploration. “The Lagosta-3 well encountered high-quality sands and successfully confirmed an area of the field that was not as well-imaged in our seismic data due to overlying faulting. Additionally, we continue to accelerate our operational learning curve, safely drilling the last two wells faster and more cost effectively than the preceding wells. We expect these drilling-efficiency improvements to translate into significant cost savings over time, as we continue to advance the project.”
The Lagosta-3 well is located about 2 miles (3 kilometers) west of the Lagosta-1 discovery well and 9 miles (15 kilometers) south of the Camarao-1 well. It was drilled to a total depth of approximately 13,715 feet (4,180 meters) in water depths of approximately 4,606 feet (1,404 meters) and will be suspended while the rig is mobilized to drill the Barquentine-4 appraisal well. Anadarko has two deepwater drillships operating in the discovery area offshore Mozambique, the second of which is now on location at the Barquentine-2 well preparing for drillstem testing.
Anadarko and its partners are now advancing a commercial liquefied natural gas (LNG) development in Mozambique that is initially expected to consist of at least two 5-million-tonne-per-annum liquefaction trains.
Anadarko is the operator of the 2.6-million-acre Offshore Area 1 with a 36.5-percent working interest. Co-owners in the area are Mitsui E&P Mozambique Area 1, Limited (20 percent), BPRL Ventures Mozambique B.V. (10 percent), Videocon Mozambique Rovuma 1 Limited (10 percent) and Cove Energy Mozambique Rovuma Offshore, Ltd. (8.5 percent). Empresa Nacional de Hidrocarbonetos, E.P.’s 15-percent interest is carried through the exploration phase.
- Anadarko Finds Gas Offshore Mozambique
- Anadarko Announces Gas Discovery Offshore Mozambique
- Anadarko Strikes More Gas Offshore Mozambique
- Anadarko Announces Major Discovery Offshore Mozambique
- Anadarko: Area 1 Off Mozambique Holds at Least 10 Tcf of Gas
- Another Success Offshore Mozambique for Anadarko (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Anadarko Makes Substantial Gas Discovery Offshore Mozambique (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Dolphin Drilling to Provide Two Drillships for Anadarko’s Mozambique Operations (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Successfull Heidelberg Appraisal for Anadarko (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Anadarko has Gulf of Mexico discovery (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Anadarko Reports Successful Itaipu Appraisal, Offshore Brazil (mb50.wordpress.com)
Posted on February 21, 2012, in Africa, AMERICAS, LNG, Mozambique, Natural Gas, South Africa, United States and tagged Africa, Anadarko, Anadarko Petroleum, Anadarko Petroleum Corporation, Gas, Lagosta, Liquefied natural gas, Mozambique, Natural Gas, News, Strikes. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on Anadarko Strikes More Mozambique Gas.