USA: Technip Rings Tubular Bells
Technip has received a lump sum contract by Hess Corporation for the development of the Tubular Bells field, located in the Mississippi Canyon area of the Gulf of Mexico at a water depth of approximately 4,500 feet (1,370 meters).
The contract covers the design, engineering, fabrication and subsea installation of more than 28 miles (45 kilometers) of flowlines, steel catenary risers, pipeline end terminations, piles and structures.
Offshore installation is scheduled to be completed with the Deep Blue, one of Technip’s deepwater pipelay vessel, during the first half of 2013.
On October 25, 2011, Hess announced it would proceed with the development of the Tubular Bells field. Total estimated recoverable resources for Tubular Bells are estimated at more than 120 million barrels of oil equivalent. The development is estimated to cost $2.3 billion.
- USA: Shell’s Chukchi Sea Oil Spill Response Plan Approved
- UK: DPS Offshore Buys Tritech’s Gemini Sonars
- Norway: PGS Reports Record Late Sales Revenues
- UK: Cargotec’s Chain Wheel Manipulator Wins Award
- Norway: STX OSV Delivers Island Captain
- USA: MOEX Agrees to Pay for Deepwater Horizon Incident
- Norway: Statoil to Use Aker Barents for Well Plugging in Barents Sea
- UK: WilHunter Repaired. Still no Drilling
- USA: Technip Rings Tubular Bells
- Nigeria: Chevron Starts Drilling Relief Well to Seal Burning Funiwa
- Norway: North Sea Giant Stays with Technip (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Alliance Engineering to Design Topsides for Tubular Bells Field Spar Platform (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Technip Bags Lump Sum Contract for Lucius Development Project in GoM (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Hess to Splash USD 6.8 Billion in 2012 (mb50.wordpress.com)
Posted on February 20, 2012, in AMERICAS, Gulf of Mexico, North America, Offshore FIeld Development, Tubular Bells, United States and tagged AMERICAS, Bells, Gas, gulf of mexico, Hess Corporation, Houston, Mississippi Canyon, News, oil, Rings, Technip, Tubular, Tubular Bells, United States, USA. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on USA: Technip Rings Tubular Bells.