Eni Reports Another Giant Gas Discovery Offshore Mozambique
This new discovery, in addition to the Mamba South discovery from October 2011, further increases the potential of the Mamba complex in the Area 4. It is estimated that the total volume of gas in place reaches now about 850 billion cubic meters (30 tcf).
The Mamba North 1 discovery, located in water depths of 1,690 meters, reaches a total depth of 5,330 meters and is located approximately 23 Km north of Mamba South 1 discovery and 45 Km off the Capo Delgado coast. The discovery well encountered a total of 186 meters of gas pay in multiple high-quality Oligocene and Paleocene sands.
During the production test, the first performed at offshore Rovuma, the well produced high quality gas with flow rates, constrained by surface facilities, of about 1 million cubic meters a day and minor volumes of condensates. In a final production completion configuration, estimated gas production per well is expected to reach over 4 million cubic meters a day.
During 2012, Eni plans to drill at least other five wells in nearby structures to assess the upside potential of Mamba Compex.
- Mozambique: Eni Increases Mamba Gas Reserves Estimate
- Eni Makes Significant Gas Discovery Offshore Mozambique
- Iran’s Gas Production Capacity to Increase to 1.4 bcmpd Over 3 Years
- Eni Announces Successful Appraisal and Testing of Cabaca South East, offshore Angola
- Iran: Daily Gas Reception Capacity from SP May Reach 300 Million Cubic Meters
- Anadarko Makes Substantial Gas Discovery Offshore Mozambique (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Another Success Offshore Mozambique for Anadarko (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Cove Energy: Rovuma Block Off Mozambique May Have 40 TCF of Gas (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Worldwide: Project Field Development News (mb50.wordpress.com)
Posted on February 15, 2012, in Africa, Mozambique and tagged Africa, Angola, Cubic foot, Discovery, Eni, Gas, giant, Mamba North, Mamba South, Mozambique, Natural Gas, natural gas discovery, new discovery, News, Offshore, Oligocene, reports. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on Eni Reports Another Giant Gas Discovery Offshore Mozambique.