France: Total Allocates Billions for Upstream in 2012
French oil major Total said today it intended to continue to actively manage its asset portfolio with, in particular, a program of non-strategic asset sales.
The 2012 budget for organic investments is $24 billion , of which more than 80% will be dedicated to the Upstream.
In the Upstream, Total expects in 2012 to implement its strategy to accelerate production growth and increase the profitability of its asset portfolio.
The ramp-up of Pazflor in Angola and the start-up of several major projects, including Usan in Nigeria, Angola LNG, and Bongkot South in Thailand, will contribute to production growth in 2012 and to achieving the objective of growing production by 2.5% per year on average between 2010 and 2015.
“The successful start-up of the Pazflor field in Angola was the crowning achievement of an important year for Total. This start-up and the ones to follow will ensure a return to production growth in 2012 and the years to come”, Chairman and CEO Christophe de Margerie said.
After launching Ichthys in Australia, announced at the start of this year, Total said it intends to continue work on the drivers for post-2015 growth by preparing to launch, notably, projects in West Africa, Russia and Canada.
The Group today announced 2011 adjusted net income of $15.9 billion which is an increase of 17 per cent when compared to full year results from 2010.
Commenting on the results de Margerie said:
“In a period of economic slowdown, ongoing tensions on the global oil supply supported the Brent price above 110 S/b in 2011. This environment has been favorable for the Upstream, but it was difficult for the Downstream activities, notably in Europe. In this context, the Group posted a 17% increase in earnings, expressed in dollars, compared to 2010. With its track record of operational excellence, the Group also confirms its constant improvement in safety performance.”
- France: Total Announces 72% Profit Increase Compared to 2nd Q 2009
- Angola: Total Inaugurates Pazflor
- USA: KBR President Pleased with 1Q Business Results
- Total Starts Production at Pazflor, Offshore Angola
- Norway: Statoil 3Q Net Income Rises 39 pct
- A West African Giant – Total’s Pazflor FPSO is Inaugurated (gcaptain.com)
- Oceaneering Bags Angola Gig from BP (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Offshore Lists Top 5 Offshore Field Development Projects (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Angola: Oil Ministry Says US Will be Main Market for LNG Export (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Angola LNG Looks to Sell Liquefied Natural Gas to Non-U.S. Buyers (mb50.wordpress.com)
Posted on February 10, 2012, in Europe, France and tagged 2012, Allocates, Angola, Angola LNG, Billions, europe, France, Gas, Ichthys, News, Offshore, oil, Pazflor oil development, Total, Total SA, Upstream, West Africa. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off.