Foster Wheeler Enters U.S. Gulf of Mexico Junction Platform Project
Foster Wheeler AG, has been awarded a contract by Discovery Gas Transmission, LLC to provide design, engineering and technical services for a junction platform, facilities and associated pipelines within the Discovery System at South Timbalier 283, in the Gulf of Mexico.
The Foster Wheeler contract value, which was not disclosed, will be included in the company’s fourth-quarter 2011 bookings.
The platform, located in approximately 350 feet of water, will be a four-pile structure with a two-level deck. It will be designed as an unmanned structure with a control system designed to shut down the facility in the event of an upset condition. The new infrastructure will enable the existing Discovery pipeline to operate at a higher pressure, both before and after the connection of the new Keathley Canyon pipeline.
“This project gives us an opportunity to fully showcase our wide range of capabilities and will build on our track record for delivering complex offshore projects in the Gulf of Mexico,” said Clive Vaughan, Chief Executive Officer, Foster Wheeler Upstream.
Williams Partners L.P. owns 60 percent of the Discovery system and operates it. DCP Midstream Partners, LP owns 40 percent of the system.
- USA: Start of Discovery Pipeline System Expansion Scheduled for 2013
- USA: Foster Wheeler Bags Detailed Design Contract for Deepwater Pipelines in Gulf of Mexico
- Foster Wheeler Signs Forties Pipeline System Contract
- Azerbaijan: SOCAR Inks MOU with Swiss Foster Wheeler
- Exxon Mobil Nets Hat-Trick in U.S. Gulf of Mexico
- WWCS Bags Decom Gig in U.S. Gulf of Mexico (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Discovery to Expand Pipeline System in Deepwater Gulf of Mexico (mb50.wordpress.com)
- McDermott signs agreement for spool base services in Gulf of Mexico (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Genesis Energy to Buy U.S. Gulf of Mexico Pipelines from Marathon (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Cal Dive Wins USD 25 Million Offshore Decommissioning Contract (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Gulf of Mexico Records Largest Demand for Specialised Offshore Vessels (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Lucius: Deepwater Gulf of Mexico (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Gulf of Mexico: Vector Lands Cascade Chinook Field Job (mb50.wordpress.com)
- ‘The new normal’ (mb50.wordpress.com)
Posted on February 9, 2012, in AMERICAS, GoM, North America and tagged dcp midstream partners lp, Discovery, discovery gas transmission, energy, ExxonMobil, Foster, Foster Wheeler, genesis energy, Gulf, gulf of mexico, Hires, Junction Platform, Keathley Canyon, Mexico, News, Oil and Gas, pipeline system, Pipeline transport, project, U.S, Wheeler. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.