Atwood Beacon to Drill Offshore Israel
Atwood Oceanics, an international offshore drilling contractor engaged in the drilling and completion of exploratory and developmental oil and gas wells, has been awarded a drilling services contract by Shemen Oil and Gas Resources Ltd., an Israel-based oil and gas company, for the Atwood Beacon independent leg cantilever Jack up rig.
The day rate for work offshore Israel will be $151,000, with contract commencement expected in September 2012 in direct continuation of the current contract. The costs for the mobilization will be covered by provisions in the current rig sharing group contract. The award has a firm duration of 180 days.
With the award of this contract, the firm contractual commitments for the Atwood Beacon are expected to extend through February 2013.
- Atwood Oceanics Bags Drilling Services Contract Offshore Cameroon
- USA: Atwood Oceanics Secures Contract for Atwood Aurora Rig
- Atwood Beacon Rig Awarded Contract for Work Offshore Suriname and Guyana
- Atwood Oceanic Clinches Contract to Drill Offshore Ivory Coast
- USA: Atwood Oceanics Secures Contract for its Atwood Eagle Rig
Posted on February 8, 2012, in Israel, Middle East, United States and tagged Atwood, atwood beacon, atwood oceanics, Beacon, Drill, drilling contractor, energy, Israel, jack up rig, Jackup rig, Middle East, News, Offshore, Offshore drilling, United States. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.