Ghana: Aker Solutions Signs Well Service Contract with Tullow
The initial contract period is for three years, with two additional one-year options (3+1+1). Aker Solutions estimates that the agreement will generate annual revenues of approximately USD 4 million.
Under the agreement Aker Solutions will provide slickline and coiled tubing equipment and services, which are conducted with the objective of maximising production of oil and gas. Aker Solutions has delivered well services to Tullow’s Jubilee field since 2008.
“Tullow is the largest independent oil and gas exploration and production company operating offshore West Africa. We are pleased to be able to support their ambitious growth plans through providing our technologies and services to increase oil recovery ratios,” says Wolfgang Puennel, head of well intervention services in Aker Solutions.
“Ghana is an up-and-coming oil nation. This new and extended contract with Tullow provides us with a solid long term outlook for our operations there. We will utilise this to set up a more permanent presence in Ghana, which will also drive the need for a larger local workforce. This will put us in a better position to secure further oil service work in the country,” adds Puennel.
Aker Solutions’ contract party is Aker Qserv Ltd.
- Expro Strengthens its Position in Ghana with Opening of New Facility
- Ghana: DOF Subsea Signs Contract with Tullow Oil to Provide Jumper/Spool Installation Services
- Norway: Aker Solutions Acquires Well Technology Business from X3M
- Norway: Aker Solutions Signs Three-Year Sub-Surface Frame Agreement with Eni Norge AS
- BP Announces Extension of Maintenance and Modification Contract With Aker Solutions (Norway)
- USA: Aker Solutions to Open Hi-Tech Drilling Equipment Simulator in – Houston (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Aker Solutions to Provide Umbilicals for Anadarko’s Lucius Development (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Norway: Aker Solutions Delivers Subsea Templates for Skuld Fast-Track Development (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Norway-based Aker Solutions Increases its Middle East Presence with X3M Acquisition (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Tullow Becomes Operator of New PSC Offshore Mauritania (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Aker Solutions Plans to Strengthen its Footprint in Northern Norway (mb50.wordpress.com)
- UK: Aker Solutions to Supply Subsea Modules for Western Isles Project (mb50.wordpress.com)
Posted on February 3, 2012, in Ghana, West Africa and tagged Africa, Aker, Aker Solutions, contract, deepwater fields, Ghana, ghana west africa, News by topic, Norway, offshore west africa, oil and gas exploration, Petroleum industry, qserv, Service, Signs, Solutions, Tullow, Tullow Oil, Well Intervention, West Africa. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on Ghana: Aker Solutions Signs Well Service Contract with Tullow.