UK: Subsea 7 Bags Claire Ridge Project Contract
Posted by mb50
The Clair Ridge development will comprise two new, bridge-linked platforms to be located to the North-East of Clair Phase 1.
The contract scope includes the project management, engineering, procurement, fabrication and installation of a 6km 22” oil export pipeline and a 14km 6” gas export pipeline connected to the new production facilities and existing Clair Phase 1 export systems. The pipeline systems will allow product to be transported from Clair Ridge to Sullom Voe Terminal (SVT) via a dedicated gas export pipeline spur tied into the Clair Phase 1 pipeline, and the associated gas will again be tied into West of Shetland Pipeline System via the gas export pipeline.
The 22” oil export pipeline bundle will be fabricated at Subsea 7’s Wester site facility in Wick, Scotland and will be installed using the Controlled Depth Tow Method. The 6” gas export pipeline will be fabricated at Subsea 7’s Vigra spoolbase. The scope also includes tie-ins of integrated subsea towhead structures, field testing and pre-commissioning activities.
Engineering and project management will commence from our Aberdeen office in early 2012, with offshore operations due to commence in 2013.
Steph McNeill, Subsea 7′s Vice President, UK said: “We are pleased to be awarded this major pipeline project by BP, which builds upon our unique bundle technology. Fabrication will take place at our Wick facility in Scotland, which has a proven track record of successful bundle design, fabrication and installation, securing work for approximately 100 people. We look forward to helping bring on-stream the Clair Ridge Project in an efficient, timely and safe manner.”
- UK: Subsea 7 Confirms Contract for ConocoPhillips Jasmine Discovery in the North Sea
- UK: Subsea 7 confirms $75M North Sea Pipeline Bundle Contract for Apache North Sea
- UK: Subsea 7 SURFs on West Franklin Field
- UK: AMEC Wins Clair Ridge Design Gig
- UK: Subsea 7 Granted EPIC North Sea Contract Worth $135 Million
- Shell Awards Subsea 7 with Two Gulf of Mexico Contracts (mb50.wordpress.com)
- McDermott signs agreement for spool base services in Gulf of Mexico (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Norway: Subsea 7 Charters Island Intervention Vessel (mb50.wordpress.com)
Posted on February 2, 2012, in United Kingdom and tagged Aker Solutions, BP, bp exploration operating company, Claire, contract, energy, export pipeline, Gas, gulf of mexico, News, North Sea, oil, pipeline system, project, Ridge, Scotland, SubSea, Subsea 7, Sullom Voe Terminal, UK. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on UK: Subsea 7 Bags Claire Ridge Project Contract.
Comments are closed.