Norway: Statoil Orders Subsea Structures for Asgard
Bergen Group Offshore has, through its subsidiary Bergen Group Rosenberg AS, been awarded a contract by Statoil for fabrication of subsea structures for the Åsgard Subsea Compression Project with an estimated value of 50 MNOK.
The project involves delivery of 12 off PLEM structures (Pipeline End Manifold) and one riser base with a total estimated weight of 850 tonnes. The contract includes project management, shop engineering, planning and work preparation, procurement, fabrication and testing of the structures. The work will commence immediately and final delivery shall take place in May 2013.
The project organization will be mobilized at Buøy, Stavanger where all project activities will be undertaken.
“Bergen Group Rosenberg very pleased to be awarded this contract. We are well positioned for the growing subsea market with our excellent track record for quality deliveries. Through recent investments in fabrication facilities and equipment we shall achieve further improvements in productivity and quality.” says Kristin Færøvik, Executive Vice President of Bergen Group Offshore and CEO of Bergen Group Rosenberg.
Statoil and its partners on Åsgard field have opted for subsea gas compression to help recover the big remaining reserves in this Norwegian Sea field. Subsea compression is expected to increase the recovery factor and producing life of Åsgard. By carrying out compression on the seabed, Asgard partners will achieve benefits in the form of improved energy efficiency and lower costs compared with carrying out compression on platforms or on land.
- Norway: Bergen Group Wins Eldfisk Bravo Gig from ConocoPhillips
- Norway: Bergen Group to Dismantle Deck Cranes at Gullfaks Platforms
- Norway: Aker Solutions Wins Asgard Modifications Work
- Norway: Bergen Group Offshore Bags EPCI Modification Contract on Statfjord B&C
- Norway: Nemo Engineering Wins Contract from Statoil to Deliver Hot Tap Goosneck Spools for Asgard
- Norway: Aker Solutions Delivers Subsea Templates for Skuld Fast-Track Development (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Norway: DOF Subsea to Provide Offshore Survey & Construction Services to Statoil (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Norway: Subsea 7 Charters Island Intervention Vessel (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Norway: Technip Participates in Statoil’s Vilje and Visund Developments (mb50.wordpress.com)
Posted on February 2, 2012, in Norway, Oil & Gas - offshore, Subsea and tagged Aker Solutions, Asgard, Bergen, bergen group, Bergen Group Rosenberg, Buøy, ConocoPhillips, fabrication facilities, for, gas compression, Norway, orders, Statoil, Structures, SubSea. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.