Edison Chouest Orders PSV in Poland
New building vessel is continuation of the series of four units of the same type which has been started last year. She will be built according to the project elaborated by polish design office MMC Ship Design & Marine Consulting Ltd from Gdynia. The vessel will be equipped with Diesel – Electric propulsion system allowing most cost efficient exploitation, reduction of fuel consumption and lower emission of NOx and SOx to the atmosphere.
Working deck of 1000 m2 will enable to carry high-volume goods, which makes that vessel the biggest one in her class. Technically advanced vessel will operate the complex deep-water operations in the region of South America and Africa.
The vessel will be equipped with Class 2 dynamic positioning system and fitted to operations in world – wide sea areas, in each weather conditions. After completion of the construction and carriage of complex sea trials, the vessel will be delivered to the Owner in the fourth quarter of 2013. The contract includes an option to build another, sister vessel.
- USA: Technip Buys Four ROVs from Forum Energy
- The Netherlands: Heerema Marine To Build Deepwater Construction Vessel Worth US$ 600-700 Million
- Norway: Northern River MPSV Sails to New Owner
- Norway: Bourbon Front PSV en Route to North Sea
- Germany: Second New Building Vessel Type 183 Almost Completed for SAL
- Norway: STX OSV to Build 4 PSVs for Island Offshore (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Norway: Ulstein Delivers Blue Fighter PSV (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Norway: Ulstein Launches New Platform Supply Vessel for Blue Ship Invest (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Apache Hires Ulstein Design PSV for Work in UK North Sea (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Edison Chouest Ship Attacked off Nigeria, 3 Kidnapped (gcaptain.com)
- Ukraine: Zaliv Launches Ulstein Design PSV Hull (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Shell to unveil massive icebreaker (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
Posted on February 2, 2012, in AMERICAS, Cut Off, Europe, Poland, PSV, United States and tagged Chouest, dynamic positioning system, Edison, Edison Chouest Offshore, electric propulsion system, europe, Gdynia, Louisiana, News, North Sea, orders, Platform supply vessel, Poland, PSV, South America, United States. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on Edison Chouest Orders PSV in Poland.