Apache Hires Ulstein Design PSV for Work in UK North Sea
The ship was delivered from Ulstein Verft to Blue Ship Invest on 19 January, and entered the spot market in the British North Sea sector directly. After only days of operation in the spot market, the vessel will enter into a long-term contract as of next week.
Remøy Shipping has technical and commercial management of the vessel. “We are now in transit to Aberdeen where we will load before returning to the field,” reported Captain Trygve Valø yesterday afternoon. After a week in operation, the Captain and his crew are very pleased with the vessel’s performance. “Everything is working well – she is a good ship,” he concludes.
Frank Strandebø in Blue Ship Invest joined the vessel her first week in operation. He himself is a captain and got to test the ship in 8 metre waves: “It takes eleven hours from Aberdeen to the oil rig we have been working for, and with some spells of bad weather en route, we got evidence of the ship’s great sea-keeping qualities. She has soft and smooth movements and the X-BOW allows her to keep a higher constant speed in head sea.”
Strandebø greets the Blue Fighter project team in Ulstein Verft with the following: “This vessel is top notch. Everything has been working perfectly on the first trip, so all credit to the project team for the work you’ve done.”
The ship has a length of 83.4 metres and a beam of 18 metres. It has a cargo deck of 875 square metres and a load capacity of 4200 tonnes (dwt). Among others the ship meets the requirements of DNV’s Clean Design notation. It has a maximum speed of circa 15 knots and modern accommodation for 24 persons.
Offshore Energy Today Staff, February 2, 2012; Image: Ulstein Group
- Norway: Ulstein Launches New Platform Supply Vessel for Blue Ship Invest
- Norway: Ulstein Delivers Blue Fighter PSV
- Ukraine: Zaliv Launches Ulstein Design PSV Hull
- X-BOW FIVE YEARS; Overwhelming Response from Users
- Norway: Ulstein Power & Control to Deliver Equipment Packages for New SX148 Design Vessel
- Norway: Ulstein Delivers Blue Fighter PSV (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Norway: Ulstein Launches New Platform Supply Vessel for Blue Ship Invest (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Ukraine: Zaliv Launches Ulstein Design PSV Hull (mb50.wordpress.com)
- The Netherlands: Norwind Installer and Ulstein Join Forces on New Offshore Wind Foundation Installation Vessel (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Polarcus Nadia Set for West Africa Work (mb50.wordpress.com)
- China: Sinopacific Group Delivers Ulstein Design OSV to Neptune Offshore (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Ship Photo of the Day: Giant Motor-Driven Canoe? (gcaptain.com)
Posted on February 2, 2012, in PSV, ULSTEIN, United Kingdom and tagged Aberdeen, Det Norske Veritas, North Sea, Norway, Platform supply vessel, PX121 design, Ulstein, Ulstein Group. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.