USA: Anadarko Contracts ENSCO 8506 Semi
Ensco plc has entered into a contract for ENSCO 8506 semisubmersible drilling rig with Anadarko Petroleum Corporation. The initial contract term is for two and one-half years in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico at a day rate of $530,000, plus cost adjustments. The contract adds more than $480 million to revenue backlog.
Delivery of ENSCO 8506 from Keppel FELS Limited shipyard in Singapore is scheduled for third quarter 2012 followed by contract commencement in fourth quarter 2012 once mobilization, sea trials and acceptance testing have been completed.
Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer Dan Rabun was pleased with the contract, “We are very pleased that Anadarko has chosen to contract a third ENSCO 8500 Series® rig for its drilling programs. Anadarko was an early advocate of the ENSCO 8500 Series® design and contracted ENSCO 8500 back in 2005.”
ENSCO 8500 commenced operations in 2009, and soon thereafter, drilled Anadarko’s major Lucius Discovery in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico. In October 2011, Anadarko contracted ENSCO 8505 as part of a rig sharing agreement with Apache and Noble Energy. ENSCO 8505 is scheduled to commence operations in the second quarter of this year.
Last of seven
ENSCO 8506 is the final of seven rigs in the ENSCO 8500 Series®. For the first three quarters of 2011, these rigs that have operated in Asia, North America and South America achieved 97% utilization. Ensco is ranked #1 in overall customer satisfaction and #1 in deepwater drilling by EnergyPoint, an independent survey firm.
The proprietary design of the ENSCO 8500 includes a 35,000’ nominal rated drilling depth, 2 million pounds of hoisting capacity, 8,000 tons of variable deck load and an open layout well suited for subsea completion activities. Improved visibility from the open deck configuration also enhances safety.
- USA: Anadarko, Apache and Noble Energy Hire ENSCO 8505 Rig
- UK: Ensco Takes Delivery of ENSCO 8504 Ultra-Deepwater Rig
- UK: Nexen to Use Ensco 120 Jack-Up Rig for Golden Eagle Development
- Singapore: Keppel Announces Delivery of Sixth Ultra-Deepwater Semi to Ensco
- USA: Ensco International Announces 2010 First Quarter Results
- USA: Anadarko, Apache and Noble Energy Hire ENSCO 8505 Rig (mb50.wordpress.com)
- History of ENSCO (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Lucius: Deepwater Gulf of Mexico (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Cobalt Excited About Return to Gulf Drilling (mb50.wordpress.com)
Posted on January 31, 2012, in AMERICAS, ENSCO, GoM, United States and tagged AMERICAS, Anadarko, Anadarko Petroleum, Anadarko Petroleum Corporation, articles usa, contracts, Drill Rigs, Drilling rig, ENSCO, ENSCO 8506, gulf of mexico, News, Noble Energy, Offshore, Rig, Semi, South America, United States, USA: Anadarko. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on USA: Anadarko Contracts ENSCO 8506 Semi.