USA: Cheniere, KOGAS Ink Sabine Pass LNG Deal
Cheniere Energy Partners, L.P. said today that its subsidiary, Sabine Pass Liquefaction, LLC, has entered into a LNG sale and purchase agreement (SPA) with Korea Gas Corporation (KOGAS) under which KOGAS has agreed to purchase approximately 3.5 mtpa of LNG upon the commencement of train three operations.
Under the SPA, KOGAS will purchase LNG on an FOB basis for a purchase price indexed to the monthly Henry Hub price plus a fixed component. LNG will be loaded onto KOGAS’s vessels. The SPA has a term of twenty years commencing upon the date of first commercial delivery for train three, and an extension option of up to ten years. Deliveries from train three are expected to occur as early as 2017. The SPA is subject to certain conditions precedent, including but not limited to Sabine Liquefaction receiving regulatory approvals, securing necessary financing arrangements and making a final investment decision to construct the second phase of the liquefaction project.
“KOGAS is our fourth foundation customer and we have now sold 16 mtpa of the 18 mtpa being developed at the Sabine Pass LNG terminal. KOGAS is a strong addition to our portfolio of customers as it is the largest LNG importer in the world and the dominant gas provider for the Republic of Korea, a nation that is soon to become a Free Trade Nation with the U.S.” said Charif Souki, Chairman and CEO. “We look forward to finalizing all necessary steps in order to begin construction of the first phase of our project early this year and more importantly, to becoming the first LNG exporter in the Continental U.S.”
- USA: Cheniere Inks Sabine Pass LNG Supply Deal with GAIL India
- USA: Cheniere, BG Ink LNG Sale and Purchase Deal
- USA: Cheniere, Gas Natural Fenosa Ink LNG Deal
- Cheniere Signs MOU with Gas Natural SDG for Bi-Directional Processing Capacity at the Sabine Pass LNG Terminal (USA)
- Societe Generale Says Cheniere Can Make Sabine Pass Export Decision After Fenosa Deal (USA)
- USA: Societe Generale Says Cheniere Can Make Sabine Pass Export Decision After Fenosa Deal (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Cheniere, BG Ink LNG Sale and Purchase Deal (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Gas Natural Fenosa Deals with Cheniere Energy to Buy US Shale Gas Sourced LNG (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Total Close to Sign Sabine Pass LNG Deal (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Cheniere Enters into Contract with Bechtel (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Soc Gen Says China May Look for US LNG Deals in Future (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Chesapeake CEO Opposes US LNG Exports (mb50.wordpress.com)
Posted on January 30, 2012, in LNG, Sabine Pass, United States and tagged AMERICAS, Cheniere, Cheniere Energy Partners, deal, Gas Natural, Ink, KOGAS, Korea Gas Corporation, Liquefied natural gas, LNG, News, Sabine Pass, United States, USA. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on USA: Cheniere, KOGAS Ink Sabine Pass LNG Deal.