Australia: DeepOcean Wraps Up Kipper Tuna Turrum Trenching
CTC Marine Projects, Ltd. (“CTC” or the Company), part of DeepOcean Group Holding AS, has announced the completion of its trenching work for the Kipper Tuna Turrum Project in the KTT Field located 45 kilometres offshore Victoria, Australia.
The work was undertaken on contract for McDermott Industries (Aust) Pty Ltd. The Company performed trenching of the recently installed hydraulic and electrical umbilicals located in 100 metres of water.
Prior to going offshore in late December 2011, CTC pre-assembled the A-Frame and CMR3 remotely operated trenching vehicle in Bell Bay, Tasmania, following its transportation from the UK. The trenching spread, which when transported weighed 112 tonnes over 10 units, was then mobilised onboard the client-operated vessel DSV Emerald Sea.
Following the completion of this project, the spread has been demobilised and is ready to commence further work in the APAC region.
“This project was another well planned and executed trenching job by CTC”, says Pierre Boyde, Commercial and Business Development Director. “We currently have another trenching spread, the world’s premier ROV trencher UT-1 on our Volantis subsea construction vessel working in South Korea, and we expect to remain active in this important APAC region.”
The $4 billion project will develop cleaner-burning natural gas supplies to help secure Victoria’s energy future, and holds enough energy to power a city of a million people for 35 years. Over 3000 people will be involved in the project, including engineering, project management, and fabrication and offshore construction teams. The Kipper facility construction is expected to be complete in 2012, while Turrum is expected to be completed in 2013.
- Australia: Pipe Laying Works Underway on Kipper Tuna Turrum Project
- Australia: BHP Billiton Approves Revised Costs For Kipper, Turrum Offshore Projects
- The Netherlands: Dockwise Announces $33 Million in Heavy Marine Transport Awards
- Norway: Farstad Secures Several Charter Deals for its PSV, AHTS Vessels
- Island Offshore Provides Update on Deepwater Seabed Excavation Project, Offshore Norway
- Australia: Saipem Lands Ichthys LNG Work (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Gulf of Mexico Records Largest Demand for Specialised Offshore Vessels (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Oceaneering Bags Angola Gig from BP (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Australia: Clough Completes Sale of Marine Construction Business (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Norway: Island Offshore Charters Two Vessels to Schlumberger (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Keppel to Turn Ocean Voyager into Ocean Onyx (mb50.wordpress.com)
Posted on January 24, 2012, in Australia and tagged Asia Pacific, Australia, Bass Strait, DeepOcean, DeepOcean Group Holding AS, energy, Kipper, News, Offshore construction, Project management, trenching, Tuna, Turrum, up, Victoria, Wraps. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on Australia: DeepOcean Wraps Up Kipper Tuna Turrum Trenching.