USA: Golden Pass LNG Plans Re-Exports
The U.S. Golden Pass LNG Terminal (GPLNG) said Wednesday it will seek the necessary authorizations from the U.S. Department of Energy to re-export LNG that has previously been imported into the United States and stored at the terminal.
GPLNG intends to receive foreign-sourced LNG at its terminal facility, store such volumes of LNG temporarily at its terminal, and then send it out of the terminal for export to foreign markets.
The Golden Pass LNG Terminal said in a statement to DOE that the original design of the terminal incorporated the ability for the terminal to load onto ships LNG stored at the terminal.
Therefore, no new facilities and no modifications of existing facilities will be required in order to provide re-export service.
GPLNG will, however, need to modify its existing operating procedures to address the proposed re-export activities, it said in a statement.
- USA: First Commissioning Cargo Arrives at Golden Pass LNG Terminal
- USA: Golden Pass LNG Terminal Announces 1st Cargo for Commissioning
- USA: Golden Pass LNG Completes Phase 2 Commissioning, Receives FERC Approval
- USA: Golden Pass LNG Commences Commercial Operations
- USA: Seventeen LNG Cargoes Re-Exported in Jan-Nov
- USA: Sempra Wins DOE Approval for Cameron LNG Export (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Seventeen LNG Cargoes Re-Exported in Jan-Nov (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Sempra Files with DOE to Export LNG from Cameron Terminal (mb50.wordpress.com)
- ExxonMobil Eyes North American LNG Exports (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Cheniere Plans Corpus Christi LNG Export Terminal (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Jordan Cove Files for LNG Export Permit (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Macquarie Vies To Sell U.S. LNG To India (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Cheniere Enters into Contract with Bechtel (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Lithuania: Cheniere Eyes LNG Exports by 2015 (mb50.wordpress.com)
Posted on January 20, 2012, in AMERICAS, Golden Pass, LNG, United States and tagged AMERICAS, Export, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, Golden Pass LNG, Golden Pass LNG Terminal, Liquefied natural gas, LNG, News, plans, Re-Exports, United States, United States Department of Energy, US Department of Energy, USA. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.