Technip USA Orders Deepwater Mooring Ropes for Lucius Spar
The Lucius truss spar hull will be installed in a water depth of 2,165 metres (7,100 feet). The 23,000 ton spar is designed to produce 80,000 bopd of oil and 450 MMcfm/d of gas. First oil from the project is scheduled for 2014.
Lankhorst Ropes’ offshore rope production facility in Portugal will supply a total of 31,400 meters of their GAMA 98® polyester deepwater mooring rope with 1907tf (4200 kips) minimum breaking load. Production starts in January 2012.
Chris Johnson, sales director, Lankhorst Ropes Offshore Division, said, “We are delighted to be working with Technip again. The Lucius contract is testimony to Lankhorst’s well proven, high quality GAMA 98® product which is already installed on three Gulf of Mexico floating production facilities since 2008”.
This will be the 15th spar platform to be delivered by Technip out of 18 worldwide. Detailed design and fabrication of the new hull will be carried out by Technip’s Pori yard in Finland, where most of the previous Technip Spar projects have been manufactured. Project management for will be carried out by Technip in Houston.
- Norway: Lankhorst Ropes to Supply Mooring Lines for Goliat FPSO
- USA: Technip to Build Truss Spar Hull for Anadarko’s Lucius Development
- Technip Gets LOI for Lucius Field Development in U.S. Gulf of Mexico
- The Netherlands: Petrobras Selects Dyneema Fibers for MODU Mooring Ropes
- USA: Anadarko, Partners Give Nod for Lucius Project in Deepwater GoM
- USA: Technip Bags Lump Sum Contract for Lucius Development Project in GoM (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: FMC Technologies Provides Subsea Systems for Anadarko’s Lucius Field (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Aker Solutions to Provide Umbilicals for Anadarko’s Lucius Development (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Anadarko, Partners Give Nod for Lucius Project in Deepwater GoM (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Lucius: Deepwater Gulf of Mexico (mb50.wordpress.com)
Posted on January 19, 2012, in Lucius and tagged Anadarko, deepwater, Eni, ExxonMobil, Gas, gulf of mexico, Lucius, Mooring, Netherlands, News, oil, orders, Petrobras, Ropes, Spar, Technip, USA. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on Technip USA Orders Deepwater Mooring Ropes for Lucius Spar.