USA: Aker Solutions to Provide Umbilicals for Anadarko’s Lucius Development
The company did not disclose the contract value.
The scope of work includes the project management, design, engineering, and manufacturing of two electro/hydraulic dynamic production umbilicals, two gas lift dynamic umbilicals, three electro/hydraulic infield umbilicals and one gas lift infield umbilical, including all associated ancillary equipment required for installation and interface with the existing development. These umbilicals will utilise the patented Aker Solutions PVC profile matrix, which provides both predictable estimates of fatigue and friction, and improved crush and impact resistance.
“This contract award is an excellent step towards our goal of supplying equipment for Anadarko across many product lines, including umbilicals,” says Tove Røskaft, executive vice president of Aker Solutions’ umbilicals business area.
Management, engineering and manufacturing of the umbilicals will be performed at Aker Solutions’ facility in Mobile, Alabama.
Final deliveries will be made in Q3 2013.
The Lucius field is located in the Gulf of Mexico approximately 275 miles (442 kilometres) southwest of Fourchon, Louisiana in Keathley Canyon (KC) Block 874, 875 and 919, in a water depth of approximately 7 000ft (2 100 metres).
Lucius will be developed with a truss spar floating production facility with the capacity to produce in excess of 80,000 barrels of oil per day and 450 million cubic feet of natural gas per day. The spar is currently under construction at Technip’s facility in Pori, Finland and will be the largest of Anadarko’s operated spars — a deepwater production solution pioneered by the company in 1997.
The Lucius unit includes portions of Keathley Canyon blocks 874, 875, 918 and 919. Anadarko operates the unit with a 35-percent working interest.
Co-venturers in the Lucius unit include Plains Exploration & Production Company with a 23.3-percent working interest; Exxon Mobil Corporation with a 15-percent working interest; Apache Deepwater LLC, a subsidiary of Apache Corporation with an 11.7-percent working interest; Petrobras with a 9.6-percent working interest; and Eni with a 5.4-percent working interest.
- USA: FMC Technologies Provides Subsea Systems for Anadarko’s Lucius Field
- USA: Mustang Secures Topsides Engineering Contract for Anadarko’s Lucius Field
- USA: Anadarko, Partners Give Nod for Lucius Project in Deepwater GoM
- USA: Anadarko, Exxon Mobil Finalize Lucius Unitization Agreement
- USA: Technip to Build Truss Spar Hull for Anadarko’s Lucius Development
- USA: FMC Technologies Provides Subsea Systems for Anadarko’s Lucius Field (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Anadarko, Partners Give Nod for Lucius Project in Deepwater GoM (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Technip Bags Lump Sum Contract for Lucius Development Project in GoM (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Lucius: Deepwater Gulf of Mexico (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: FMC Technologies Inks Global Alliance Agreement with Anadarko Petroleum (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Anadarko, Apache and Noble Energy Hire ENSCO 8505 Rig (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Anadarko has Gulf of Mexico discovery (mb50.wordpress.com)
Posted on January 12, 2012, in AMERICAS, Gulf of Mexico, Lucius, United States and tagged Aker Solutions, Anadarko, Anadarko Petroleum Corporation, Apache Corporation, development, Gas, gulf of mexico, Keathley Canyon, Lucius, News, oil, Provide, Technip, Umbilicals, United States, USA. Bookmark the permalink. 5 Comments.