USA: FMC Technologies Provides Subsea Systems for Anadarko’s Lucius Field
The Lucius field is located approximately 275 miles southeast of Galveston in Keathley Canyon Block 875, in water depths of approximately 7,100 feet (2,160 meters). FMC’s scope of supply includes five subsea production trees and two manifolds. The equipment will be supplied from the Company’s operation in Houston and deliveries are expected to begin in the fourth quarter of 2012.
“Anadarko is the largest independent operator in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico,” said John Gremp, FMC’s Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer. “We are pleased to continue supporting their projects as their preferred subsea systems supplier.”
Lucius will be developed with a truss spar floating production facility with the capacity to produce in excess of 80,000 barrels of oil per day and 450 million cubic feet of natural gas per day. The spar is currently under construction at Technip’s facility in Pori, Finland and will be the largest of Anadarko’s operated spars — a deepwater production solution pioneered by the company in 1997.
The Lucius unit includes portions of Keathley Canyon blocks 874, 875, 918 and 919. Anadarko operates the unit with a 35-percent working interest.
Co-venturers in the Lucius unit include Plains Exploration & Production Company with a 23.3-percent working interest; Exxon Mobil Corporation with a 15-percent working interest; Apache Deepwater LLC, a subsidiary of Apache Corporation with an 11.7-percent working interest; Petrobras with a 9.6-percent working interest; and Eni with a 5.4-percent working interest.
- USA: Mustang Secures Topsides Engineering Contract for Anadarko’s Lucius Field
- USA: Anadarko, Partners Give Nod for Lucius Project in Deepwater GoM
- USA: Anadarko, Exxon Mobil Finalize Lucius Unitization Agreement
- USA: Technip to Build Truss Spar Hull for Anadarko’s Lucius Development
- Technip Gets LOI for Lucius Field Development in U.S. Gulf of Mexico
- USA: Anadarko, Partners Give Nod for Lucius Project in Deepwater GoM (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: FMC Technologies Inks Global Alliance Agreement with Anadarko Petroleum (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Technip Bags Lump Sum Contract for Lucius Development Project in GoM (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Lucius: Deepwater Gulf of Mexico (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: FMC Technologies Wins Subsea Systems Contract from LLOG – Who Dat project (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: FMC Technologies Buys Remaining Schilling Shares (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Shell Perdido: The first full field subsea separation and pumping system in the Gulf of Mexico. (video) (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Anadarko, Apache and Noble Energy Hire ENSCO 8505 Rig (mb50.wordpress.com)
Posted on January 11, 2012, in AMERICAS, Lucius, Subsea and tagged Anadarko, Anadarko Petroleum Corporation, Apache Corporation, field, FMC Technologies, gulf of mexico, Keathley Canyon, Lucius, News, Provides, Systems, Technip, USA. Bookmark the permalink. 3 Comments.