Norway: North Sea Giant Stays with Technip
Technip Norge AS have declared an option to the existing contract for the 2012-season on the OCV “NORTH SEA GIANT” and will now retain the vessel until end 2013.
The vessel will be employed on a number of large subsea construction projects in the North Sea during 2012, including flex-lay duties on Goliat-project in Barents Sea.
Technip also holds options for the vessel for 2014 and 2015.
M/V North Sea Giant has been designed for long term construction works in the open sea, supporting a crew of 120 people . The ship has a heliport, exercise hall, movie theater and sauna. There are two cranes on deck, one with a load capacity of 400 tons and the other 250 tons.
The vessel is one of the biggest OCV in the world at this moment. It is 156 meters long, 30 meters beam and over 22 MW of installed power.
- Longest Offshore Construction Vessel in the World Launched in Vigo, Spain
- Norway: Olympic Shipping Confirms Option for New Vessel
- Norway: Farstad Signs Deal with STX OSV for Two New PSVs
- USA: Hornbeck Offshore Officially Enters USD 720 Million OSV Construction Program
- Technip Picks Reef Subsea for Subsea Construction Works in North Sea and North Atlantic (Norway)
- UK: Talisman Selects Helix Well Ops for Subsea Works on Its Assets (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Norway: Technip Wins Two-Year Contract Extension for Pipeline Repair Services (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Technip Bags Lump Sum Contract for Lucius Development Project in GoM (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Norway: Subsea 7 Charters Island Intervention Vessel (mb50.wordpress.com)
- UK: Reef Subsea Enters Charter Deal for Two Neptune Offshore’s Vessels (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Shell Perdido: moving the spar into place (video) (mb50.wordpress.com)
Posted on January 3, 2012, in Norway, OCV and tagged Atlantic Ocean, europe, gulf of mexico, IMR Subsea Construction, News, North Sea, North Sea Giant, Norway, OCV, Offshore, subsea construction, Technip, United States, Vigo. Bookmark the permalink. 7 Comments.
Pingback: UK: Aquaterra Installs Unique Drilling Riser on Rowan Gorilla VII « Mb50's "Liquid Mud" Blog
Pingback: Africa Oil & Gas News | | Deep ProspectDeep Prospect
Pingback: Angola Oil & Gas News | | Deep ProspectDeep Prospect
Pingback: Ghana Oil & Gas News | | Deep ProspectDeep Prospect
Pingback: PSA Norway Approves Manned Underwater Ops « Mb50's "Liquid Mud" Blog
Pingback: Earth Update : Belgium fears for its fragile coastline | LEARN FROM NATURE
Pingback: Norway: Technip Participates in Statoil’s Vilje and Visund Developments « Mb50's "Liquid Mud" Blog