USA: Eastern Shipbuilding Hands Over OSV HARVEY SUPPORTER
Eastern Shipbuilding Group has delivered the HARVEY SUPPORTER, the first of three (3) 292 ft. Tiger Shark Class Offshore Support Vessels for Harvey Gulf International Marine, LLC.
The HARVEY SUPPORTER is an STX Marine design featuring a DP II SOLAS-classed AC diesel-electric, twin Z-drive Offshore Support Vessel measuring 292’ X 64’ X 24’-6”. Power and propulsion systems, controls, automation, etc. are provided by the system integrator, Converteam, Inc. This high-tech vessel features four Cummins QSK60-DM 16-cylinder turbo-charged Tier II diesel generator engines that are rated 1825 Kw at 1,800 rpm. Main propulsion is provided by two Schottel SRP 2020 FP Z-drives with nozzles rated at 2,500 Kw at 1,025 rpm each for a total of 6,704 hp. Schottel also provided two STT 4 fixed pitch tunnel thrusters rated at 1,180 Kw at 1,170 rpm each with direct coupled electric motors. The vessel is capable of top speeds in access of 12 knots.
- USA: Eastern Shipbuilding Group Delivers Tiger Shark Class PSV to Aries Marine
- USA: Thrustmaster to Deliver Propulsion System for Two PSVs
- USA: Caterpillar Marine to Provide Four Cat 3516C DEP Generator Sets for MPSV
- Brazil: Caterpillar Wins Contract to Power 16 Offshore Supply Vessels
- Harvey Gulf International Authorizes Construction of First United States Flagged LNG OSV
Other Related articles
- USA: Harvey Gulf Orders CAT DEP Generators for SV-310 Offshore Vessel (mb50.wordpress.com)
- China: Sinopacific Group Delivers Ulstein Design OSV to Neptune Offshore (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Norway: STX OSV to Build 4 PSVs for Island Offshore (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Hornbeck Announces Construction Contracts in $720m Newbuild Program (gcaptain.com)
- Wärtsilä To Supply Propulsion Equipment For First U.S.-Flagged LNG-Powered OSV’s (gcaptain.com)
- USA: Hornbeck Plans to Build Sixteen New Generation Offshore Supply Vessels (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Ukraine: Zaliv Launches Ulstein Design PSV Hull (mb50.wordpress.com)
Posted on December 30, 2011, in Dynamic positioning, OSV, United States and tagged Converteam, Cummins, Dynamic positioning, Eastern Shipbuilding, Hands Over, HARVEY SUPPORTER, Liquefied natural gas, News by topic, Offshore Support Vessel, OSV, Shipbuilding, United States, USA. Bookmark the permalink. 3 Comments.