USA: Alliance to Protect Nantucket Sound Releases Statement Regarding Cape Wind Energy Deal
“Today’s ruling is a blow to ratepayers, businesses, and municipalities who are being asked to bear billions of dollars in new electricity costs when other green energy alternatives are available at a fraction of the cost.
The good news is the increasingly clear reality that Cape Wind will never be built. Cape Wind has been denied FAA approval, has been denied critical Federal loan guarantees, has no utility willing to buy half its power, and cannot find investors. Those facts alone render this decision moot.”
- SJC confirms Cape Wind-National Grid power deal (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- After favorable court ruling, company chief says Cape Wind construction could begin within a year (boston.com)
- SJC Confirms Cape Wind-National Grid Power Deal (boston.cbslocal.com)
- SJC upholds DPU ruling approving sale of Cape Wind power to National Grid (boston.com)
- Cape Wind Power-Purchase Deal Upheld (earthtechling.com)
- Growing Cape Wind Opposition Brings Windfall Funds to Environmental Group (indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com)
- USA: Fight for Nantucket Sound Continues (mb50.wordpress.com)
Posted on December 29, 2011, in AMERICAS, NIMBY, Tax Payer's Dime, United States, Wind and tagged ALLIANCE, Alliance to Protect Nantucket Sound, Audra Parker, Cape, Cape Wind, deal, energy, Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs (Massachusetts), Federal Aviation Administration, Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court, Nantucket, Nantucket Sound, National Grid, News by topic, protect, regarding, Releases, sound, Statement, Tax Payer's Dime, to, United States, USA, Wind, Wind farm. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.