USA: Pacific Santa Ana Drillship Hits the Water
Pacific Drilling S.A. has taken delivery of its newest drillship, the Pacific Santa Ana. The drillship features the most advanced drilling technology in the offshore drilling industry, including dual load path capability and dual gradient drilling upgrades.
The “PACIFIC SANTA ANA” is an upgraded Dual Activity Samsung 12000 design dynamically-positioned drillship capable of operating in moderate environments and water depths up to 3,657 m (12,000 ft) using 18¾” BOP and 21” OD FT-DGD drilling riser and equipped for single and/or Dual Gradient Drilling (DGD)
Pacific Drilling CEO, Chris Beckett, stated, “We are very proud to announce the delivery of the Pacific Santa Ana. This drillship incorporates the newest advances in offshore drilling technology and is the first ultra-deepwater rig equipped for dual gradient drilling, an innovation that is expected to provide significant benefits in drilling safety and efficiency. The delivery of the Pacific Santa Ana, the fourth rig in our fleet, completes the first phase of Pacific Drilling’s growth strategy to become the industry’s preferred ultra-deepwater drilling contractor.”
The company currently operates four recently delivered drillships and has two additional drillships on order at Samsung to be delivered in 2013.
- USA: Busy December Ahead of Pacific Drilling’s Drillships (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Dolphin Drilling to Provide Two Drillships for Anadarko’s Mozambique Operations (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Ocean Rig Bidding to Rent 5 Drillships to Petrobras, Brazil (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Brazil: Schahin Group Receives USD 692 Million Loan for New Deepwater Drillship (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Drillship animation in the Gulf of Mexico (video) (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Is the Industry Ready to Drill in the Arctic? Stena Drillmax Ice Nears Delivery (mb50.wordpress.com)
Posted on December 20, 2011, in AMERICAS, Drillship, United States and tagged Ana, Chevron, Chevron Corporation, Deepwater drilling, Drillship, gulf of mexico, hits, News, Offshore drilling, Pacific, Pacific Drilling S.A, Santa, United States. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off.