South Korean Hyundai Heavy Delivers Deepsea Metro II Drillship
The naming ceremony for the vessel was held on November 10 in Hyundai Heavy’s shipyard in Ulsan, South Korea.
“This is the second project for Deep Sea Metro this year and fourth overall that Odfjell Drilling has successfully delivered since the Deepsea Atlantic in 2009. We are pleased to see that our site team and the yard have succeeded in every way, with regards to safety and schedule. The safety results in all our projects are very satisfactory, which is an important indicator of professionalism and accountability in all aspects. With the delivery of this state of the art vessel, we are now looking forward to the operations ahead.”
- South Korea: Naming Ceremony for Odfjell Drilling’s New UDW Drillship (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Dolphin Drilling to Provide Two Drillships for Anadarko’s Mozambique Operations (mb50.wordpress.com)
- South Korea: Rowan Companies Inc, Announces Option to Build GustoMSC Drillship (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Fred Olsen Wins Contract for Belford Dolphin and Newbuild Drillship (gcaptain.com)
- USA: Busy December Ahead of Pacific Drilling’s Drillships (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Fred Olsen Extends Drillship Option With Hyundai Heavy (gcaptain.com)
- Is the Industry Ready to Drill in the Arctic? Stena Drillmax Ice Nears Delivery (mb50.wordpress.com)
Posted on November 25, 2011, in Asia Pacific, Brazil, Drillship, South Korea and tagged Asia Pacific, Brazil, Deepsea, delivers, Drillship, Drillship, Heavy, Hyundai, Hyundai Heavy Industries, II, Korean, Metro, News, Odfjell Drilling, Petrobras, South, South Korea, Ulsan. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.