Daily Archives: November 25, 2011
Island Offshore has secured contract for its subsea construction vessel Island Intervention. The vessel has begun the charter with Subsea 7 , the international provider of Subsea, Umbilical, Riser and Flowline (SURF) services.
The operations are expected to take up to three weeks.
The vessels duties involve light construction, crane, ROV, survey and positioning operations related to the tow out and positioning of two bundle tows of respective 7 and 5 km’s in length.
Island Intervention will be used as a command and control vessel and the whole operation involves in total 6-7 vessels.
“Island Offshore is pleased to be awarded this work by Subsea 7.” said the company on its website.
- UK: Reef Subsea Enters Charter Deal for Two Neptune Offshore’s Vessels (mb50.wordpress.com)
- UK: Key Oil Majors, Plexus Team Up to Develop New Subsea Wellhead (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Norway: Island Offshore Charters Two Vessels to Schlumberger (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Subsea:The Riserless Light Well Intervention – (Video) (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Re-inventing subsea intervention to keep economics above water (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Statoil: Riserless light well intervention (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Norway: Aker Solutions to Supply Production Equipment for Brynhild Project (mb50.wordpress.com)
The naming ceremony for the vessel was held on November 10 in Hyundai Heavy’s shipyard in Ulsan, South Korea.
“This is the second project for Deep Sea Metro this year and fourth overall that Odfjell Drilling has successfully delivered since the Deepsea Atlantic in 2009. We are pleased to see that our site team and the yard have succeeded in every way, with regards to safety and schedule. The safety results in all our projects are very satisfactory, which is an important indicator of professionalism and accountability in all aspects. With the delivery of this state of the art vessel, we are now looking forward to the operations ahead.”
- South Korea: Naming Ceremony for Odfjell Drilling’s New UDW Drillship (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Dolphin Drilling to Provide Two Drillships for Anadarko’s Mozambique Operations (mb50.wordpress.com)
- South Korea: Rowan Companies Inc, Announces Option to Build GustoMSC Drillship (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Fred Olsen Wins Contract for Belford Dolphin and Newbuild Drillship (gcaptain.com)
- USA: Busy December Ahead of Pacific Drilling’s Drillships (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Fred Olsen Extends Drillship Option With Hyundai Heavy (gcaptain.com)
- Is the Industry Ready to Drill in the Arctic? Stena Drillmax Ice Nears Delivery (mb50.wordpress.com)