Wind Farm Grave Yards
Abandoned wind farms in Hawaii dot the Islands.
According to recent estimates, there are currently 14,000 abandoned wind farms dotting the landscape in the U.S.
So, what happened? Well, first off, birds get killed by these huge machines and the PETA crowd goes insane. The Altamont site, for example, is shut down four months out of the year to protect migrating birds. Second, when government subsidies stop, the projects die. Third, wind power has proven to be unreliable as a consistent source of power. There’s either too little wind, too much wind, or it’s too cold to operate them.
In Britain, the energy industry admitted as long ago as 2008 that wind turbines are idle up to 30% of the time because of the unreliability of the wind. A report from the British Renewable Energy Foundation at the time describes the economically disastrous wind turbine industry.
It is unlikely that the Obama Administration will let facts get in the way of their war against fossil fuels and their love affair with solar and wind power. Expect more taxpayer dollars to be flushed down the rat hole of solar and wind boondoggles. Expect to see more abandoned wind farms in the future — as long as Obama remains in office and the EPA is run by the climate alarmist zealot Lisa Jackson.
- Dutch Are Falling Out Of Love With Wind Farm Subsidies
- Five Problems with Wind Power
- Wind Farm Project In Washington Killed Over Endangered Sea Bird
- Wind Farms Disrupting Radar, Scientists Say
- What Happens When Wind Farm Freaks Clash With Bat Freaks?
- Wind Power – Global Market Size, Turbine Market Share, Installation Prices, Regulations and Investment Analysis to 2020 (prnewswire.com)
- Wind farms blasted in Algoma District (windconcernsontario.wordpress.com)
- Wind Energy Update: Which Comes first? The Wind Farm or the Turbine? (prweb.com)
- Osage Nation Sues to Block Wind Farm (indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com)
- Offshore Wind Industry – Growth Potential Hampered by Issues in Supply Chain and Financing (prnewswire.com)
- Wind farms are useless, says Duke of Edinburgh (telegraph.co.uk)
- Sustainability Update : ‘Wind farms are useless’, says Duke (environmentaleducationuk.wordpress.com)
- Don’t tell the Queen but the Duke of Edinburgh thinks wind turbines are useless (ricrx.wordpress.com)
- Wind power – observation from the road (michaelsrickert.wordpress.com)
- Trump to fund wind farm opponents (bbc.co.uk)
- Anne Murray protests proposed Pugwash wind farm (cbc.ca)
- More Golden Eagle Deaths At Tehachapi Wind Farm (naturalhistorywanderings.com)
- Donal Trump To Use Billions To Bankroll Anti-Wind Farm Campaign In Scotland (huffingtonpost.co.uk)
Posted on November 23, 2011, in Wind and tagged abandoned wind sites, Altamont Pass, Britain, EPA, Hawaii, Hawaiian Islands, Lisa Jackson, San Gorgonio Pass Wind Farm, Wind, Wind farm, Wind power, Wind turbine. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.