USA: Sempra Files with DOE to Export LNG from Cameron Terminal
Sempra Energy has become the sixth US company, and fourth in the US Gulf, with formal intentions to export US natural gas as LNG, having filed a request with US regulators on Thursday to send out 12 million tonnes per annum (mtpa) from its existing Cameron LNG site.
The California-based company asked the US Department of Energy (DOE) for consent to send up to 1.7 billion cubic feet (bcf)/day (0.05 million cubic metres/day) to free-trade-friendly countries for 20 years.
Sempra said the Thursday document was the first in a two-part process, with a request to export to non-free-trade nations to follow.
“The subsequent application to export domestic LNG to non-FTA countries will require an analysis of the public interest, and Cameron LNG will provide additional evidence regarding the public interest as part of that application,” Sempra said in the DOE filing.
Sempra’s export intention brings the total amount of conceived large-scale liquefaction in the lower 48 US states to more than 67mtpa.
Sempra’s DOE application follows the company’s previously announced plans to proceed with a liquefaction facility at its 1.5bn cubic feet (bcf)/day Cameron LNG import terminal in Cameron Parish, Louisiana.
Sempra CEO Debra Reed said during a quarterly earnings call on 4 November that the company had received strong interest from “large, credit-worthy counterparties” seeking liquefaction services from Cameron LNG on a long-term contract basis.
Sempra provided no commercial details in its DOE filing.
Source – LNG World News
- Lithuania: Cheniere Eyes LNG Exports by 2015 (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Angola: Oil Ministry Says US Will be Main Market for LNG Export (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Jordan Cove Files for LNG Export Permit (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Willbros Secures Oman LNG Contract (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Australia: All Ichthys Approvals on Track, INPEX Says (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Petronet in Talks to Buy Capacity at US, Australia LNG Terminals (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Total Close to Sign Sabine Pass LNG Deal (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Cheniere, BG Ink LNG Sale and Purchase Deal (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Canada: Kitimat LNG Wins Export Licence (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Lithuania: Klaipedos Nafta Receives Three Bids for LNG FSRU (mb50.wordpress.com)
Posted on November 14, 2011, in AMERICAS, Cameron, LNG, United States and tagged Cameron, DOE, Export, Files, Liquefied natural gas, LNG, News, Sempra, Sempra Energy, terminal, United States, US Department of Energy. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on USA: Sempra Files with DOE to Export LNG from Cameron Terminal.