USA: EMAS Wins Gulf of Mexico Subsea Contract from BP
EMAS, a leading global offshore contractor and provider of integrated offshore solutions to the oil and gas (O&G) industry and operating brand for Ezra Holdings Limited (Ezra or the Group), today announces that its subsea construction division, EMAS AMC, has been awarded a contract by BP Exploration & Production, Inc. (“BP”). EMAS AMC will perform subsea work in the Atlantis field located in Green Canyon block 743 in the Gulf of Mexico.
The project scope consists of the installation and replacement of subsea equipment comprised of manifolds, PLEMs (Pipeline End Manifolds), jumpers and associated hardware in 6,800 feet of water, as well as assisting BP with complete commissioning and start-up activities.
EMAS AMC’s CEO, Mr. C J D’Cort, said: “This project award is in recognition of our expertise in the deep water subsea installation market.”
This is the second contract awarded by BP to EMAS AMC for work on the Atlantis field. The first project was completed in 2010 along with the installation of subsea hardware for BP’s Thunder Horse project. EMAS AMC’s regional headquarters in Houston will execute the planning and installation activities for the BP project during the first half of 2012.
- Mexico: Cal Dive to Install Subsea Pipeline in Abkatun Offshore Field (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Shell Perdido: The first full field subsea separation and pumping system in the Gulf of Mexico. (video) (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Perdido Hub (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Perdido Subsea System (video) (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Hess to spend $2.3 billion to develop Gulf of Mexico oil field (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Spar Transportation and Installation (video) (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Hess Plans Development Of Tubular Bells GOM Project (gcaptain.com)
Posted on October 30, 2011, in AMERICAS, Gulf of Mexico, Houston, Mexico, Subsea, United States and tagged Atlantis, BP, contract, emas, energy, Gulf, gulf of mexico, Houston, Mexico, News, Offshore Projects, Oil and Gas, Spar, United States. Bookmark the permalink. 8 Comments.