Uganda, Obama, Oil and Soros
Obama’s Uganda Gambit to serve Soros
By Ed Lasky, American Thinker
October 18, 2011
Journalist Aaron Klein has an interesting take on Barack Obama’s surprising decision to send troops into Uganda to battle a rebel army. The genesis of the idea may have begun at the George Soros-funded International Crisis Group, one of the “think tanks” that Soros uses to promote policies that benefit him. In this case, the ICG recommended last year that America deploy military forces to Uganda. This move prompted questions since the rebel group did not pose a threat to American interests. But whose interests might be served by defeating the rebel group? George Soros — a major Obama backer.
Soros himself has been closely tied to oil and other interests in Uganda.
In 2008, the Soros-funded Revenue Watch Institute brought together stakeholders from Uganda and other East African countries to discuss critical governance issues, including the formation of what became Uganda’s National Oil and Gas Policy.
Also in 2008, the Africa Institute for Energy Governance, a grantee of the Soros-funded Revenue Watch, helped established the Publish What You Pay Coalition of Uganda, or PWYP, which was purportedly launched to coordinate and streamline the efforts of the government in promoting transparency and accountability in the oil sector.
Also, a steering committee was formed for PWYP Uganda to develop an agenda for implementing the oil advocacy initiatives and a constitution to guide PWYP’s oil work.
PWYP has since 2006 hosted a number of training workshops in Uganda purportedly to promote contract transparency in Uganda’s oil sector.
The billionaire’s Open Society Institute, meanwhile, runs numerous offices in Uganda. It maintains a country manager in Uganda, as well as the Open Society Initiative for East Africa, which supports work in Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda.
- Why U.S. military in Uganda? Soros fingerprints all over it (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Obama’s Uganda Gambit to serve Soros (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Soros Plots Museveni’s Coup (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Who’s Behind Obama’s New War in Uganda? (fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com)
- Why U.S. military in Uganda? Soros fingerprints all over it (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Analysis: Rocky start for Uganda’s oil sector (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Uganda: Minister aims to present oil bills this year (mb50.wordpress.com)