Norway: Det Norske Pens Important Jette Field Deals
September 5th, 2011, Det norske oljeselskap ASA presented a plan for development and operation (PDO) of Jette to the Minister of Petroleum and Energy, Ola Borten Moe. The PDO was submitted on behalf of the partners in the Jette Group, which in addition to Det norske as operator, includes Petoro, Dana Petroleum and Bridge Energy.
Aldous Senior Vice President Projects, Bård Atle Hovd, says this is an important step towards developing Jette.
– We have now signed the third and final contract for the development phase. As soon as we receive the Ministry´s approval, we will embark on our first field development. We wish for a fast track development, enabling us to produce oil from Q1 2013
Jette is located in blocks 25/7 and 25/8, in the mid part of the North Sea. The field, which lies at a depth of 127 meters, will be produced with two horizontal wells, tied back to the Jotun floating production, storage and offloading vessel (FPSO).
Det norske has signed supplier agreements with three contractors. Cameron has been selected to supply the subsea production system. They will, amongst other, fabricate the X-mas trees and protective structures.
Subsea 7 will be responsible for engineering, procurement, fabrication and installation of a 6 kilometer flexible flowline and jumpers, installation of a 6 kilometer integrated services umbilical, X-mas trees and protective structures. They will also supply diver assisted tie-ins.
Aker Solutions is given the assignment to fabricate the 6 kilometer integrated services umbilical.
- Det Norske submits PDO for Jette (norwayexploration.wordpress.com)
- Re-inventing subsea intervention to keep economics above water (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Det norske provides update on Total-operated Norvarg gas discovery in the Barents Sea (norwayexploration.wordpress.com)
- Det norske to drill Ulvetanna Prospect in Block 3/4, southern North Sea (norwayexploration.wordpress.com)
- New discovery near Norne (Skaugumsåsen) (norwayexploration.wordpress.com)
- Huge North Sea oil discovery to boost region’s oil sector (tradingfloor.com)
- Another potential extension to Aldous (norwayexploration.wordpress.com)
- Norway oil, gas find may be its third biggest (theglobeandmail.com)
- Norway’s Biggest Oil Find Since ’80s Sends Lundin to Record (businessweek.com)
- Statoil: North Sea find may be worlds biggest in 2011 (theglobeandmail.com)
Posted on October 5, 2011, in North Sea, Norway, Oil & Gas - offshore and tagged Aker Solutions, Dana Petroleum, Det norske, DNO International, Floating production storage and offloading, Important, Jette, Jette Field, North Sea, Norway, Oil & Gas - offshore, Ola Borten Moe, Petoro. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.