Jamaica: Bids Open for LNG Project
The Government says it will be hosting meetings with prospective bidders for the Jamaica’s Liquid Natural Gas (LNG) supply project and the building of a Floating and Regasification Terminal next week.
The meetings are to take place on Monday and Thursday at the Jamaica Pegasus Hotel. Minister of Energy and Mining, Clive Mullings and Chairman of the LNG Steering Committee, Christopher Zacca are expected to speak at both pre-bid meetings.
The Office of the Prime Minister says pre-bid meetings are opened to all interested bidders but that attendance is not required to submit a proposal in response to the project.
The Government was forced to re-tender the bid for the Floating Storage and Regasification Terminal after the Contractor General, Greg Christie, alleged there had been irregularities in the bidding.
Christie had said the eventual winner, the Exmar Consortium, had been given an unfair advantage. However, this week the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions said there was no evidence to draw the inference that Exmar’s advantageous position was the result of bid-rigging or corruption.
- LNG Demand East of Suez Expected to Surge (mb50.wordpress.com)
- InterOil, Pacific LNG sign supply deal with Noble Clean Fuels (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Wartsila, Shell Ink Cooperation Deal to Promote LNG as Marine Fuel (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Chevron’s Deal to Supply LNG to Japan (energyindustry002.wordpress.com)
- Lithuania: Klaipedos Nafta Receives Three Bids for LNG FSRU (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Canada: Kitimat LNG Wins Export Licence (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Angola: Oil Ministry Says US Will be Main Market for LNG Export (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Paupa New Guinea: FLEX Updates on Gulf LNG Project (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Sempra Files with DOE to Export LNG from Cameron Terminal (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Petronet in Talks to Buy Capacity at US, Australia LNG Terminals (mb50.wordpress.com)
Posted on September 25, 2011, in AMERICAS, Jamaica, LNG, North America and tagged Bids, Caribbean Sea, Government, Jamaica, Jamaica Pegasus Hotel, Liquefied natural gas, LNG, Natural Gas, News, Office of the Prime Minister, Open, project. Bookmark the permalink. 3 Comments.