On March 28th 2012, Vroon Offshore Services (VOS) took delivery of VOS Shine. The vessel was delivered from Fujian Southeast Shipyard in China and is the first of two subsea-support vessels (SSV) to be built at the Shipyard for VOS.
VOS Shine is a modern SSV with DP2-class notation and four-point mooring capabilities. The vessel has an extended moon pool, accommodation for 50, dual V-Sat dome with client and crew network, as well as satellite television. She is suitable for remotely-operated vehicle (ROV)/survey and construction diving jobs and will be commercially available in Europe from June.
The vessel will leave the Shipyard in the coming days and will be operated by Vroon Offshore Services B.V. in Den Helder.
Length o.a 59.25 m
Beam 14.95 m
DP Class Class 2, ABS
Accommodation Total of 50
Main crane: SWL – 24mt SWL @ 8m, 6mt @ 19m max. outreach
Service crane: PS – SW – 3mt x 9m outreach
- STX OSV Adds to their Backlog, DOF ASA Sends Newbuild Order for Subsea Construction Vessel (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Helix Orders Semi-Sub Well Intervention Rig in Singapore (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Canada: Subsea 7 Receives Terra Nova Field SURF Contract (appliedagrotech.net)
- USA: Deep Down, Bornemann Team up in Gulf of Mexico Subsea (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Swire Acquires Norway’s Subsea Specialist (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Norway: NPD Supports Statoil’s New Rig Concept for Subsea Wells (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: ECO Shipyard Christens New Icebreaker Built for Shell (mb50.wordpress.com)
- McDermott signs agreement for spool base services in Gulf of Mexico (mb50.wordpress.com)