Fairmount Marine’s multipurpose support vessel Fairmount Fuji has assisted drill ship Stena Icemax while making a stop-over at Cape Town. On request of the owner of Stena Icemax the Fairmount Fuji carried out several cargo runs from the port of Cape Town to the anchorage.
Stena Icemax was under way from the Far East to French Guiana and required to make a stop-over at Cape Town for crew change and replenishment. Stena Icemax is a 228 meters long new build drill ship designed for deep water operations in harsh environments.
Fairmount Fuji is a multipurpose support vessel with a spacious aft deck of 280 square meters and with towing capabilities. Directly after assisting Stena Icemax the Fairmount Fuji was prepared for her next assignment in West Africa region, where she will act as a accommodation and general support vessel for an offshore operator.
- South Africa: Fairmount Fuji Assists Stena Icemax Drill Ship (worldmaritimenews.com)
- South Korea: Stena Drilling Wins 5 Year Contract for Its Newbuild Stena IceMAX Drillship (mb50.wordpress.com)
- French Guiana: Shell to Begin Guyane Drilling in Mid 2012 (mb50.wordpress.com)
Tug Fairmount Summit has delivered the new build drilling rig ODN Delba III safely from the Persian Gulf to a location offshore Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The total voyage over a distance of 10,625 miles was performed with an average speed of 6.0 knots.
Odebrecht contracted Fairmount Marine to tow ODN Delba III from Muscat, Oman, to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. For this job the Fairmount Summit was mobilized to the Persian Gulf. During the towage at a stop- over at Cape Town, South Africa, some cargo runs were performed by the also contracted Fairmount Fuji. This multi-purpose DSV/supply vessel had just returned to Cape Town after a survey job on the Atlantic Ocean. The towage of ODN Delba III was Fairmount Marine’s second successful operation for Odebrecht in a short period. Earlier Fairmount Marine performed the towage of semi submersible drilling rig Norbe VI, a sister unit of ODN Delba II, for Odebrecht.
Fairmount Marine is a marine contractor for ocean towage and heavy lift transportation, headquartered in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. Fairmount’s fleet of tugs consists of five modern super tugs of 205 tons bollard pull each, especially designed for long distance towing, and a multipurpose support vessel. Fairmount Marine is part of Louis Dreyfus Armateurs Group.
- Corpus Christi, TX / Spain: Fairmount Marine Delivers Topside for Castor Project (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Dutch Fairmount Escorts Scarabeo 9 Rig around the Cape of Good Hope, South Africa (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Technip, Odebrecht Joint Venture Lands $1B Petrobas Contract (gcaptain.com)
- CGX Begins Drilling Offshore Guyana (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Brazil: Petrobras Agrees Contracts for 26 Drilling Rigs (mb50.wordpress.com)
You might recognise today’s NMS Girl Of The Day badge winner Elena Pappas from a recent MTV reality TV show. Or you might not.
What we’re sure you will agree with, though, is that Elena is definitely a worthy winner of the NMS Girl Of The Day badge for today.
February 27, 2012
- Before They Were The 2012 SI Swimsuit Issue Rookies [PHOTOS] (coedmagazine.com)
- Venus Teams With Sports Illustrated Model Chrissy Teigen (blogs.smarter.com)
Last week (4. January), Odfjell’s Deepsea Metro II drillship arrived at DCD-Dorbyl Marine shipyard in Cape Town, South Africa. The purpose of the yard stay is to carry out planned modifications for Petrobras in Brazil.
The contract with Petrobras has a firm duration of 3 years and the value, including part of potential bonus and mobilization fee, is approximately USD 531 million.
The modification project in Cape Town is managed by Odfjell Drilling, a privately-owned international drilling, well service and engineering company with nearly 40 years experience of international drilling operations.
“Working conditions at the shipyard here in Cape Town are impeccable, and the crew and project management team which will carry out the project activities are very motivated to complete the project with good quality and within time frame. We look forward to a successful stay in South Africa,” states EVP MODU in Odfjell Drilling Mr. Erik Askvik.
According to the data on Odfjell Drilling’s website the vessel, delivered by Hyundai Heavy Industries in November 2011, is a highly efficient, state-of-the-art 6th generation ultra deepwater drillship equipped with the latest technology and with focus on zero discharge and other green rig features.
- South Korea: Naming Ceremony for Odfjell Drilling’s New UDW Drillship (mb50.wordpress.com)
- South Korean Hyundai Heavy Delivers Deepsea Metro II Drillship (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Busy December Ahead of Pacific Drilling’s Drillships (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Dolphin Drilling to Provide Two Drillships for Anadarko’s Mozambique Operations (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Ophir Begins with Drilling Operations Offshore Tanzania (mb50.wordpress.com)
Fairmount Marine, a Dutch marine contractor for ocean towage and heavy lift transportation, announces that its powerful tug Fairmount Glacier has successfully assisted the new build semi submergible drilling rig Scarbeo 9 sailing around Cape of Good Hope.
Fairmount Glacier was contracted to sail towards a meeting point offshore South Africa where she met with Scarabeo 9 and escorted her safely around the Cape of Good Hope. Despite the bad weather encountered during the route, the convoy proceeded at an average speed of 4.5 to 5.0 knots.
The semi submersible drilling rig Scarabeo 9 has a length of 115 metres, is 80 metres wide and her depth – from keel to main deck – is 35 metres. After they had safely cleared the South African Coast, the Master of Scarabeo 9 thanked Fairmount Glacier for her continued support throughout the voyage. The Fairmount Glacier returned to Cape Town.
- Fairmount Marine Brings Ocean Yorktown Rig in U.S. Gulf of Mexico (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Singapore: Keppel Completes Scarabeo 9 for Saipem (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Anti-Castro Cuban Americans Fret Over Drilling Rig (mb50.wordpress.com)