On Thursday the 16th of February, Island Offshore (IO) took delivery of the MV Island Captain, the newest addition the growing IO fleet. The godmother for the vessel is Mrs. Tonje Tiley from ConocoPhillips.
The MV Island Captain’s sister vessel, the MV Island Centurion was delivered in October 2011. The two vessels are number 5 and 6 in the series of UT 776 CD design vessels built at STX OSV Brevik.
The two vessels will commence a 7 year firm contract plus options with Schlumberger as well stimulation vessels in 2013, and will undertake a major mobilization prior to this. Island Patriot and Island Commander are currently engaged as well stimulation vessels.
- Type: PSV – DP 2
- Design: UT 776 CD
- Yard: STX OSV Brevik AS
Class: DNV +1A1, E0, SF, Supply Vessel Basic, DK(+), HL(+), LFL*, DYNPOS AUTR, CLEAN DESIGN, COMF-V(3), ICE-C, OILREC, NAUT-OSV(A)
- L.O.A.: 93,0 m
- Width: 20,0 m
- DW: 4.000t
- Deck area: 1.000 m2
- Accommodation: 39 persons
- New Platform Supply Vessel TROMS CAPELLA Built at Cochin Shipyard Arrives to Norway
- Norway: Rolls-Royce to Design Power Propulsion Systems for Two Offshore Service Vessels
- Norway: STX OSV to Build Two Platform Supply Vessels for Island Offshore
- Norway: STX OSV Wins Construction Contracts for Four PSV
- China: Fujian Southeast Shipyard Delivers AHTS Vessel VOS Athena to Vroon
- Norway: STX OSV Delivers Platform Supply Vessel to Solstad (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Ukraine: Zaliv Launches Ulstein Design PSV Hull (mb50.wordpress.com)
- BP Hires PSV ‘Sea Brasil’ (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Norway: Island Offshore Charters Two Vessels to Schlumberger (mb50.wordpress.com)