Category Archives: Video’s
Building Our Fleet
In 2008, Pacific Drilling initiated construction of our first four drillships – Pacific Bora, Pacific Scirocco, Pacific Mistral and Pacific Santa Ana. We successfully contracted each of these rigs to international major and national oil companies.
Four rigs are in service, and two additional drillships, Pacific Khamsin and Pacific Sharav, are under construction at Samsung Heavy Industries for delivery in 2013. A seventh drillship is on order at Samsung for delivery in May 2014.
In Fall 2011, we commenced construction of Pacific Khamsin and Pacific Sharav. Like Pacific Santa Ana, each of these rigs are equipped with latest generation specifications and will be dual-gradient drilling capable.
- Pacific Santa Ana Drillship Arrives in U.S. Gulf of Mexico to Work for Chevron (mb50.wordpress.com)
- South Korea: SHI to Build Seventh UDW Drillship for Pacific Drilling (mb50.wordpress.com)
- South Korea: Pacific Drilling Extends Option for its 7th Drillship (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Pacific Scirocco Drillship Begins Work in Nigeria (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Pacific Scirocco Drillship Commences Operations Off Nigeria (gcaptain.com)
In a Senate speech, Senator Inhofe will draw attention to a little known video from 2010, which shows a top EPA official, Region VI Administrator Al Armendariz, using the vivid metaphor of crucifixion to explain EPA’s enforcement tactics for oil and gas producers. In this video Administrator Armendariz says:
Quote from video:
“But as I said, oil and gas is an enforcement priority, it’s one of seven, so we are going to spend a fair amount of time looking at oil and gas production. And I gave, I was in a meeting once and I gave an analogy to my staff about my philosophy of enforcement, and I think it was probably a little crude and maybe not appropriate for the meeting but I’ll go ahead and tell you what I said. It was kind of like how the Romans used to conquer little villages in the Mediterranean. They’d go into a little Turkish town somewhere, they’d find the first five guys they saw and they would crucify them. And then you know that town was really easy to manage for the next few years. And so you make examples out of people who are in this case not compliant with the law. Find people who are not compliant with the law, and you hit them as hard as you can and you make examples out of them, and there is a deterrent affect there. And, companies that are smart see that, they don’t want to play that game, and they decide at that point that it’s time to clean up. And, that won’t happen unless you have somebody out there making examples of people. So you go out, you look at an industry, you find people violating the law, you go aggressively after them. And we do have some pretty effective enforcement tools. Compliance can get very high, very, very quickly. That’s what these companies respond to is both their public image but also financial pressure. So you put some financial pressure on a company, you get other people in that industry to clean up very quickly. So, that’s our general philosophy.”
- Coming Soon: A Controversial “Ruling” That Threatens Your Job AND the Economy (articles.mercola.com)
- EPA to slash air pollution from natural gas wells (newsok.com)
- Lisa Jackson’s EPA Goes Rogue (usnews.com)
- EPA: A Rogue Agency under a Rogue President (conservativesonfire.wordpress.com)
The MUDCUBE is a system for effectively treatment of drilling fluids. A special designed vacuum system pulls the fluid through the screen and degasses the same fluid.
The cuttings will be processed on the rotating screen and will have very little fluid attached when leaving the screen. No mechanical force is given to the screen and change of screen is no longer a time consuming, costly and ineffective process.
The CS-AP™ is a cake saver — acid placement gravel pack system.
SPAR: The robust, reliable deepwater solution
- Shell Perdido: moving the spar into place (video) (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Perdido Subsea System (video) (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Shell Perdido: The first full field subsea separation and pumping system in the Gulf of Mexico. (video) (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Inauguration of Noble Globetrotter I at Schiendam, the Netherlands (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Noble orders its fourth ultra-deepwater drillship this year (gcaptain.com)
- Congressman Reintroduces Bill Barring Foreign-Flagged Drillships in US (gcaptain.com)
- Dockwise to move Big Foot (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Chevron Strikes Oil in Deepwater Gulf of Mexico (mb50.wordpress.com)