South Korea: Naming Ceremony for Odfjell Drilling’s New UDW Drillship
Thursday 10th of November 2011 Deepsea Metro II naming ceremony was officially held in Ulsan at the Hyundai Heavy Industries yard. This is the fourth successful ultra deep water vessel delivery for Odfjell Drilling, with regards to project planning, delivery and excellent HSE performance.
“This is the fourth major project Odfjell Drilling has succeeded with since the delivery of Deepsea Atlantic in 2009. We are very pleased to see that both our own team and the yard have succeeded in every way, with regards to both safety and schedule. The safety results in all our projects are very satisfactory, which is an important indicator of professionalism and accountability in all aspects,” says CEO in Odfjell Drilling Mr. Lieungh
Odfjell Offshore and Metro Exploration share joint ownership of two state-of-the-art ultra deep water drillships. Odfjell Offshore has a 40% ownership share in the two drillships, Deepsea Metro I & II.
Ultra deepwater campaign and fleet renewal
Since 2009 Odfjell Drilling has renewed its fleet of semisubmersibles and drillships with four units. This is a part of the company’s growth strategy in the harsh environment and ultra deepwater market.
2009 – Deepsea Atlantic. Ultra deepwater and harsh environment semisubmersible. Operating for Statoil at NCS.
2010 – Deepsea Stavanger. Ultra deepwater and harsh environment semisubmersible. Operating for BP in Angola.
2011 – Deepsea Metro II. Ultra deepwater drillship owned by Deepsea Metro Ltd. Contract with Petrobras, Brazil.
- Ocean Rig Bidding to Rent 5 Drillships to Petrobras, Brazil (mb50.wordpress.com)
- South Korea: Rowan Companies Inc, Announces Option to Build GustoMSC Drillship (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Drillship animation in the Gulf of Mexico (video) (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Deepwater Millenium Drillship Not Moving to Brazil. Stays in Ghana (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Inauguration of Noble Globetrotter I at Schiendam, the Netherlands (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Noble orders its fourth ultra-deepwater drillship this year (gcaptain.com)
- Houston-based Firm Revealed In DSME Ultra-Deepwater Drillship Order (gcaptain.com)