Agenda 21 is a comprehensive plan of action to be taken globally, nationally and locally by organizations of the United Nations System, Governments, and Major Groups in every area in which human impacts on the environment.
Agenda 21, the Rio Declaration on Environment and Development, and the Statement of principles for the Sustainable Management of Forests were adopted by more than 178 Governments at the United Nations Conference on Environment and Development (UNCED) held in Rio de Janerio, Brazil, 3 to 14 June 1992.
The Commission on Sustainable Development (CSD) was created in December 1992 to ensure effective follow-up of UNCED, to monitor and report on implementation of the agreements at the local, national, regional and international levels. It was agreed that a five year review of Earth Summit progress would be made in 1997 by the United Nations General Assembly meeting in special session.
The full implementation of Agenda 21, the Programme for Further Implementation of Agenda 21 and the Commitments to the Rio principles, were strongly reaffirmed at the World Summit on Sustainable Development (WSSD) held in Johannesburg, South Africa from 26 August to 4 September 2002.
- George Soros, Agenda 21 and the Coming World Government (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Urgent Agenda 21 Meeting (mississippicoal.wordpress.com)
- Agenda 21- You Need to Know What it is About. (truebluenz.com)
- Constitutional Sheriffs: Rural America Project & County Sheriff Project ~ Battle U.N. Agenda 21 ~ Their Attempt To Take Over Of Our Rural Land! (politicalvelcraft.org)
- Obama Signs His 86th. Executive Order #13575 Agenda 21: Ron Paul ~ Executive Orders Being Taken Too Far! (politicalvelcraft.org)
Posted on June 14, 1992, in Agenda 21 and tagged Agenda 21, Commission on Sustainable Development, Earth Summit, Johannesburg, Rio Declaration on Environment and Development, Sustainable development, United Nation, United Nations General Assembly. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off.